Preparing caramel for your desserts can be very difficult if you don’t know some tricks. A good caramel can take your dessert to success, but know that a bad caramel ruins any! And that’s what we are going to tell you today! Also, check our previous posts about simple recipes of white chocolate and cherries and berries cheesecakes.
Preparing caramel for your desserts. Make it Perfect!
There are several recipes of caramel to use in our recipes. We’ll give you the classic caramel recipe, as well as some other suggestions like chocolate caramel, or diet caramel.
Preparing caramel for your desserts: Classic one!
This is the caramel recipe used more than ever, which is known for being the cover of the pudding. If you think of this recipe, you soon realize the importance of caramel for the whole recipe! Here’s how!
1 cup (tea) sugar
- Put the sugar in a saucepan and add an amount of water enough to cover it.
- Before turning on the heat, stir to smooth the mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, without stirring until it turns into caramel. Watch out for colour change: the traditional syrup is dark golden tone.
Personally, I prefer the less dense caramel, lighter in colour. For this let a little less time to heat.
Preparing caramel for your desserts: Chocolate
Do you want to give a sweeter touch to your dessert? Why not add chocolate to your caramel? Yami! I’m already with mouth watering just thinking a chocolate caramel topping on a banana! Find out how to do and experience today!
100g of sieved chocolate powder
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, water and chocolate.
- Cook over medium heat until you get the caramel.
- Watch out for the point of syrup because it tends to rise when it boil. Therefore, you need to stir from time to time until thick and you can see the bottom of the pot when you move the spoon.
Preparing caramel for your desserts: Diet
Are you concerned to keep your shape? So this recipe is perfect for you! See how to make a caramel diet for your recipes, and leave the guilt aside! It is easy and has very few calories. Do not you believe me? Then see!
50g of powdered sweetener
1 tablespoon water
- In a saucepan, heat the water and add the sweetener, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- When all the sweetener dissolves and begins to darken, remove from heat. The caramel is ready to supplement other recipes.
So? Have you already decided for the recipe that you will choose? Myself, I become in doubt when I think of these three recipes. The secret is to choose the one that fits your dessert! Do you know more recipes of caramel? Help Preparing caramel for your desserts!