Ever wonder How to make your own jelly beans and if it is even possible for you to make it at home? Well, wonder no more, because the answer is yes! Everybody enjoys candies and especially jelly beans, nevertheless, be careful about how much you eat, you know moderation is the best way to be healthy! And it is great for Christmas! Also, have a look at our previous posts, such as easy recipes with puff pastry and edible pictures to decorate your cake.
How to make your own jelly beans – Step by Step
So we have decided to dedicate an article to the question about How to make your own jelly beans. Follow me!
You will need these:
- 1 ½ Cup and ½ cup of water,
- 2 ½ cups and 1 cup of sugar;
- ½ oz of gelatin;
- 1 cup of juice;
- Vegetable oil;
- Jelly bean pans (molds) or cookie sheets;
- Stainless steel pot with lid;
- Wooden Spoon;
- Cooking thermometer.
Not that many things, am I right? Now for the recipe:
- Mix 1 ½ cup of water, 2 ½ cups of sugar and the gelatin in a saucepan, and the saucepan should have straight sides and a heavy bottom. Remember it is about How to make your own jelly beans: Gelatin will help the water and sugar thick into syrup, that’s why they should be cooked in a medium hot and stir continuously with the spoon. Then, let the mixture come to boil, slowly.
- Check the temperature until it reaches 230 degrees F, take the pan off the burner, which should around 25 minutes. Because if it gets hotter than that, the jelly beans might get too hard to eat, so here is a magic trick: put the pan in a bowl of ice to prevent the temperature rising.
- This is the best part on How to make your own jelly bean: stir in your desired flavor, whatever it is, and adding 1 cup of the juice and ½ of salt. Lemon can be used because it gives a nice taste, but be sure to filter the pulp. Let the Syrup cool.
- Pour the syrup into jelly beans pans, or cooking sheets, after some vegetable oil, doing this quickly. Let them sit for four to six hours. Lay them on wax paper and dust them lightly with cornstarch. Let them sit until they dry if still a bit sticky. If they don’t pop out, put them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- The last part on How to make your own jelly beans: Combine the jelly beans with ½ cup of water and 1 cup of sugar in the stainless steel pot, adding food coloring if you will. Close the lid, grip the sides and hold it, moving the pot in a circular motion quickly, so that the jelly beans get the sugar coating intended. Do this until there is almost no moisture in the pan. Place them in the fridge for two to three hours, and voilá!
Hope you enjoyed the recipe and try it at home. This is our guide on How to make your own jelly beans.